Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clarification

I want to say something that relates to the post before this one...
Please note, my emotions can change very rapidly, so I very well may not be feeling this way in a day or so, or even in an hour or two. I just worry that people might mistake the drama of what I'm saying for a crisis when it's really not. I just have some things I'm working through. I write these things (many of which I've never shown to others, including two posts which I started typing on here but couldn't bring myself to publish because I don't want them to hurt others to read) in large part because I've learned that when strong feelings strike and you have the urge to express them through writing, you should do so as soon as possible because later on your writing can lose its punch, and you may not even feel like writing about what you initially wanted to, or you could lose the startling clarity of your thoughts and feelings and exactly what they meant to you in that moment. Like, earlier today, I wanted to write about religion. And I should have done it then because I had a lot to get off my chest and the beginning of my words all impassioned and prettily lined up in my mind, but then later in the day, other things started to really bother me, and I didn't feel I could muster up the same amount of agitation I had felt over the subject just earlier in the day, or at least not enough to make me feel sincere and genuine in my writing, or that it was as good or true as it could have been. In some ways, I guess having strong, bothersome thoughts and feelings subside and not being able to remember them as clearly as before could be good, but I've always been kind of a sucker for the truth of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment